The anchors are a simple manual shooting net. This receives other names such as an array, Rallo, esparavel, or rail. Considering its shape, we have that this is a circular mouth fishing net that is achieved in different diameters depending on the needs. It is launched into the water unfolding to reveal its shape in three dimensions, which turns out to be pseudo-conical.It includes weights or leads on its perimeter precisely to achieve that three-dimensional figure similar to a cone. A differentiating aspect of this would be the thread used for its preparation, having it thin, semi or thick. This is chosen from the hemp plant or flax is used.
The thread is tied to twelve dozen meshes in wheel arrangement, radiating the cone, in what is known as “crown.” Of these, we must consider its thickness because it is variable and more beneficial to use thin or thicker depending on the waters in which you are going to fish and the size of the pieces.
types of Atarrayas networks fabric ends with a twisting rope without twisting in which weights are drawn. These are very successful because they are quite easy to use and are a compliment to the fisherman because the capture with this technique is quite stimulating, meritorious and praised.
This piece is designed to catch fish on the shore, with few spans of depth, where the prey is in sight. For this reason, the usual thing is to fish on foot, without shoes. It can also be used from a boat, but always, as we say, a meter deep at most.Its size allows you to get a good number of catches considering that the effort and deployment of resources are minimal. The technique of fishing with the array is entertaining and fun, much more than sitting and waiting. In addition, you can succeed even with little experience, being the favorite option for shallow water. You can watch the video of how to fish with arreraya from here.
How to fish with netting nets? Tricks and techniques
To get good pieces practicing with this piece, don’t forget these tips:
- The first thing that we advise you is that you acquire a license for fishing with atraraya. This is very simple and only means enrolling in the sportfishing association of your choice.
- Look for days when the wind blows little so that the waters are clear and calm on the shore.
- Check how you have folded the net before launching it. It is possible that you have kept it well placed but that it has moved and when you throw it is all tangled up.
- You must adduct it on your shoulder and arm so that it is released easily.
- Make the throw taking advantage from the bottom up, in a similar movement to the hammer throw. In this way, the network is launched further, with a boomerang-like projection, having greater power at the time of directing it than if we launched it as a catapult and getting it with less effort.
- Close the circle of leads with a quick pull.
- Take care of picking up the net by winding the hawser or end back in your hand as you fold it so that it does not get tangled and you can handle it better.
- Pick it up slowly because too much momentum can cause the lead rope to open and the catches to escape.
Types of fishing nets
Stingray can be common or Amarillo. The latter type differs from the conventional net in the armor, which is much more complex and able to ensure capture. Both correspond to the type of single-shot fishing net.
However, we cannot finish without commenting that there are many other types depending on their use, their form and other aspects.
- Floating or drifting. Some are the jeito, the cardinal, the güeldear or the baroque.
- We have calzones, raeiras, frills, ratios, bolechas …
- In addition to the esparavel, they are also of this type the sacada, the boat, the repeat, the traína or the rapper.
- In this type are the jábegas, the policies, the chinchorros, the tapes, the washes or the sedans.
Trace the candle with flake. At this point, we have ganguiles, couples or tartans.
- Composed . Mixed networks are the swamps, the skips, the drunks, the royal fences or the traiñas.
Some are shortcuts, cercotes, almadravas, samaruqueras or veils.
- Whipped. We have the visuals, the betas, the trabuquetes …